It's not that the people, places, and things in our world change, but our perception of and our relationship to them that changes... Which in turn causes different effects... In other words... The symbols never change, it's our relationship to (how we see ourselves with regards to the given symbol), and our perception of the symbol that changes...
For instance, those who identify with the poverty consciousness, perceive money as hard to come by or that money doesn't come easily, and they constantly entertain thoughts of not having enough,can't afford, I AM broke, etc... They see themselves as poor and their relationship to money is one of not having any... The reason WHY they don't have money is because they SEE THEMSELVES(in their minds eye)as NOT having any money...
To turn that around you wouldn't change money (one of the symbols for wealth), would you? Of course not. Instead, you'd change your perception of money and your relationship to it... You get it??? Change your perception of the symbol and the way you see yourself with regards to it!
For instance: Say you have a desire for wealth, but currently dwell in the state of poverty. To change that state you would start by seeing yourself (in your minds eye) as having money, despite the contradictory evidence surrounding you... Change your perception of money from: 'hard to come by', to: 'easy to come by'... Each time you find yourself dwelling on poverty thoughts change course instantly (do not allow the emotion to play out). You must continue to repeat this process until wealth becomes your natural state of consciousness and you begin to automatically dwell on wealth thoughts...
POVERTY THOUGHTS
* I don't have enough
* I can't afford
* I hate my bills
* Get it because it's cheaper
* I don't have any money for that
* I'm not wasting my money on that
* I would never spend that much money for _______.
* Rich people are so mean
* I hate rich people (how can you hope to ever become something you hate?)
WEALTH THOUGHTS
* I have more than enough
* I always pay my bills on time
* I can afford whatever I desire
* I'm not concerned as much about price as I am about quality.
* I like it, I want, I'm going to get it
* It's on me
* I got it
Remember, everything starts out as a thought... However only emotion filled, sustained thought hardens into fact... That's why some thoughts manifest and others do not... You get to determine your position, and then you get to play your part! Isn't that awesome?
Ok... I'm going to leave you with that for now... Take a moment of silence and meditate on the following statement... In my Father's house are many mansions: KJV(John 14:2)
Remember, the Bible is NOT an account of historical events, but a psychological drama to be played out in the mind of man... It is written in parables and filled with symbolism... Nothing is as it seems...
Great blog first of all SHONTA!!! After you have lived for so long you develop habits that you never thought would have such a dramatic effect on your life. Such as your example of money. The thought/feeling of abundance or lack is such a key factor. If you only experienced lack of money in your life you develop the thought/feeling that money is hard to come by so it continues to manifest itself in that manner in which your life perceives it to be. Your experience has embedded that thought/feeling into your mind. I see that we have to re-learn or deprogram our brain from the habits life has embedded in it to discover a new way of living.
ReplyDeleteThank you Richard! You're absolutely right. However, we can't really deprogram anything... You see, we live in a world of inclusion. That means that anything we focus on is included in our 'life' experience. That being said, the only way to remove something from our experience is to stop focusing on it completely and begin focusing on its opposite (the desired state). You can't be happy about abundance and sad about lack at the same time.
ReplyDelete